Standard First Aid & CPR Certificate
8 Hours Recertification
13 Hours New Certification
To be able to provide first aid until EMS 9-1-1 arrives on the scene.
To have participants feel comfortable enough to be able to take control of an emergency situation until control can be passed to emergency services personnel. Each participant will have a practical evaluation which is ongoing throughout the course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- EMS/9-1-1 System
- Disease Management/Biohazards
- Scene Management
- Choking Emergencies
- Falls – Strains/Sprains/Fractures
- Spinal Injuries
- Poisons & Allergies
- Heat & Cold Injuries/Illnesses
- Back & Chest Injuries
- Motor Vehicles Collisions
- Water Accidents
- Rescue Carries
- Heart Attach, Angina and Stroke – Definitions, Risk Factors
- Recognition and Management
- Airway, Breathing, Circulation (ABCs) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
This course is provincially certified by WSIB. This certification is valid for (2) years from the date of the course.
Back to Training Page